Energy Modelling Expertise
300 Ann Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Phone +61 7 3077 9630
GPO Box 77
Brisbane QLD 4001
Bean, R. and Vanderwaal, B., "Calculation of Minimum Reserve Levels for the Australian National Electricity Market", 17th Power Systems Computation Conference, Stockholm, 22-26 August 2011.
Peard, A. and Vanderwaal, B.J., "Calculation of Minimum Reserve Levels and their Application to Maintain Reliability of Supply in the NEM", EESA Conference, Melbourne, 16-18 August 2006.
Rose, I.A., Bones D.R and Pimentel M., "Monte Carlo simulation and its application in modelling electricity market behaviour", AUPEC Conference, Brisbane, 26-29 September, 2004.
- Presentation on Wind Insight at the New Zealand Wind Energy Conference (NZWEC) by Nicholas Cutler (21/03/2013) Wind Insight - a wind power forecasting tool for power system management
- Presentation on commercialising wind power at the 2012 Clean Energy Week by Ben Vanderwaal (25/07/2012) LGCs and PPAs - commercialising wind
- Long-term Intergrated Resource Modelling on Australian carbon emissions at the International Association for Energy Economics in Perth, Australia by Nicholas Cutler (24/07/2012)
Will the carbon price reduce Australia's electricity emissions?
- Solar Integration Workshop by Jenny Riesz
Impacts of Electricity Markets on Solar Development - An Australian Case Study
- Program for Energy Research by Ben Vanderwaal (09/03/2011)
Delivering reliability of supply in a market environment
- National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility by Jenny Riesz (30/06/2010)
Adaption in the Electricity Sector
- IMO WA by Ian Rose and Joel Gilmore (08/12/2009)
Impacts of Government Policy on Intermittent Generation Penetration
- Greenhouse 2009 by Jenny Riesz (26/03/2009)
Renewable Energy Options for Australia
- CEEM by Jenny Riesz (26/02/2008)
What will be the impact of the expanded MRET on the NEM?
- Townsville Enterprise by Ian Rose (30/11/2006)
Update on NQ energy infrastructure -- choosing the best way forward
- Projected Gas Turbine Developments in the Australian NEM 2005-2025, 5th Annual Australian Gas Turbine Conference July 2004
Tutorials and Seminars
ROAM has provided a wide range of one and two day seminars and tutorials to our clients. To provide your team with a better understanding of some of the more complex areas of energy market behaviour ROAM is able to provide you with concise presentations targetted to meet your specific requirements. Our most popular tutorials include loss factor and IRP modelling and board level strategic planning presentations.